We seek a new legal status for animals, acknowledging their right to live protected from human harm.
1. To establish a Federal and Independent Office of Animal Welfare with powers of prosecution.
2. To implement a national approach to protecting animals under the law.
3. To improve enforcement of laws governing the welfare and protection of animals.
4. To ensure fairer evidentiary burdens on those responsible for prosecuting animal cruelty.
5. To assert Australian sovereignty over all laws regarding animals, regardless of international trade treaties.