Under the Domestic Animals Act 1994, every Victorian local government must prepare a plan outlining how it will manage dogs and cats within its municipal boundaries.
The Domestic Animal Management Plan aims to promote responsible pet ownership, the welfare of cats and dogs in the community and the protection of the community and environment from free-living populations of cats and dogs. The Plan also outlines how Council will enforce legislative requirements and compliance with our local laws.
Open Community Consultations on DAMPs
City of Greater Dandenong
- Now seeking feedback on the Draft Dandenong Animal Management Plan 2021-25. The draft plan will be available for review and feedback until 5pm on Monday 20 September 2021.
- Link - greaterdandenong.vic.gov.au/community-engagement/dandenong-animal-management-plan-consultation-2021-25
City of Stonnington
- To help them develop their Domestic Animal Management plan they want to hear from the community on a number of issues. Their survey closes on Sunday 19 September 2021.
- Link - connectstonnington.vic.gov.au/animal-management-plan
City of Greater Geelong
- Now seeking feedback on the Draft Domestic Animal Management Plan 2022-2025, which will guide the City on how to manage cats and dogs in the region. Their survey closes on Sunday 26 September 2021.
- Link - yoursay.geelongaustralia.com.au/DAMP-2022-2025greaterdandenong.vic.gov.au/community-engagement/dandenong-animal-management-plan-consultation-2021-25