The Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988 exempts the political activities of political parties and representatives, however protecting your privacy is important to us and we follow Australian best practice guidelines that are outlined in the Privacy Act to ensure your privacy is protected. Please be aware that although we will always do our best to protect your privacy, there will always be risks in transmitting information across the internet.
Personal information provided to the Animal Justice Party and information collected through this website will not be disclosed to any third party outside the Animal Justice Party unless one of the following applies:
- the individual has consented
- the individual would reasonably expect, or has been told, that information of that kind is usually passed to those individuals, bodies or agencies
- it is required or authorised by law
- it will prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody's life or health
- the disclosure is reasonably necessary for the enforcement of the criminal law or of a law imposing a pecuniary penalty, or for the protection of public revenue.
When an individual browses our website, our systems make a record of the individual’s visit and logs the following information for statistical purposes:
- the individual’s server address
- the individual’s top level domain name
- the pages the individual accessed
- the previous site the individual visited and
- the type of browser being used.
We do not identify users or their browsing activities except, in the event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect the internet service provider's server logs.
Individuals joining our email and newsletter lists will have their contact details stored on password protected databases. Animal Justice Party volunteers have access to the back end of our website which is password protected.
Our website uses trackers to monitor how visitors find and use our website. We report on this activity in aggregate, and use this information for the purposes of improving our website and how we engage with our members and supporters.
In addition to these, your browser may load trackers from external third party services when you use a page on our website. These trackers are specific to the third-party and accordingly the data held in them can be seen and managed by the third party and not by us.
We use a variety of widely used third-party plugins to help improve your experience while using our site. We control whether or not we use the third-party service with our website, and how it is integrated and presented on our website. We do not have control over the trackers themselves. No personal information is maintained which might identify an individual should they visit our website at a later date.
Whilst every attempt has been made to protect your privacy, The Animal Justice Party accepts no fault if these systems result in a breach of privacy.
If you have concerns about the privacy implications of the trackers we use, you can block trackers using cookie management tools in your web browser.